- 20-Sep-2021 to 30-Jan-2022 (CST)
- Lyndhurst, OH, USA
Looking for a Lifeguard position? All year around? Check out Lifeguard opportunities with the YMCA of Greater Cleveland.
- Inside pools
- Up to 25 hours a week
- Ability to work at multiple locations.
- Opportunity for growth and development!
- FREE Membership!
Hillcrest Family YMCA has an immediate need for Lifeguards who will be responsible for ensuring safety of all participants during open swim and program activities.
Pay Rate: $10.00 per hour
Hours: 5-20 hours weekly
Days and Times needed:
- Mon, Wed, Fri: 3-4:30 pm Tues, Thurs: 2-8:30 pm Sat: 7:45-2:30 pm Sun: 8-1:30 pm
- Tues, Weds, Thurs: 5:30-10 am
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, other required YMCA certifications.
- Report to work on time and with appropriate safety equipment (fanny pack) and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure safety of participants during class and/or open swim.
- Adhere to Blood borne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Notify supervisor of any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Document any incidents that occur during shift (on daily basis).
- Monitor chlorine, PH levels/ and track water temperature hourly.
- Ability to read, write & understand written directions.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross life guarding certification and CPR PRO certification.
- Physical ability to rescue an individual from water.
- Prior experience helpful.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization that embraces collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.