- 05-Nov-2021 to 05-Jan-2022 (CST)
- Child Care
- Warrensville Heights, USA
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B, Paid Time Off, Free YMCA Membership
Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for a Child Care Site Director. This person will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operation of one or two childcare sites. The Site Director is responsible for managing and facilitating Before & Afterschool Enrichment and/or Early Learning programs at a designated YMCA program sites. Our ideal candidate will be able to create and implement lesson plans, maintain site records, and additional programs responsibilities to ensure state licensure compliance and overall effective program management. This position is expected to be actively in childcare program up to 50% of the time.
Location: Warrensville Family YMCA
Department: Child Care
Job Status: Full-Time
- Named on the license & ensures all licensing requirements are followed and site is maintained in accordance with ODJFS day care licensing standards
- Direct supervision of Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers within assigned site locations.
- Reviews and appraises the effectiveness of directly supervised personnel and makes appropriate training recommendations or staff changes where necessary.
- Ensures adherence to health and safety regulations and policies, responsible for administering First Aid to children/staff if required. Notify supervisor of any parent concerns or unsafe conditions at center, as well as foster ongoing communication with supervisor regarding center operations.
- Participates in strategic planning and goal setting for program improvement.
- Develops and maintain a file system that will include all policies, school year schedules, ODJFS child day care rules, child enrollment information and staff files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Certifications:
- Must have education and/or certification to meet OCCRRA requirements for CPL 3 (OCCRRA)
- Certification in CPR at the level of Basic Life Support or Professional Rescuer, Basic First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration and associated-determined safety training required within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum 3 years working in a SCHOOL AGE/PRESCHOOL child care setting.
- Minimum 1-year experience supervising and managing staff.
- Previous experience WORKING with diverse populations preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with Microsoft office products.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with all ODJFS licensing procedures and Step Up to Quality requirements preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to drive from site to site throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Frequently communicates with students
- Frequently walking, stoops, bends, crotches, and kneels to child's eye level, and to maintain clean working environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May be required to work outside and on occasion may encounter inclement weather.
- Performs work in a classroom setting with moderate levels of noise, standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel as required.
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.