- 05-Nov-2021 to 12-Jan-2022 (CST)
- Child Care
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- $13.00 - $14.00
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B, Paid Time Off, Free YMCA Membership
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for a Child Care Lead Teacher. The Lead Teach is responsible for administering child care programs at designated YMCA program sites. Our ideal candidate will be able to create and implement lesson plans, maintaining site records, and additional program responsibilities to ensure state licensure compliance and overall effective program management. This position may be required to travel to and from branch locations for assigned duties, trainings, or meetings, or work programs in other areas as needed.
Location: West Park Family YMCA
- Maintain safety of children by appropriately supervising program participants at all times while maintaining YMCA and state licensing staff to child ratios.
- Plan, develop, and implement appropriate lesson plans and activities, following YMCA curriculum guidelines, and incorporate them into the daily schedule.
- Complete and submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports in a timely manner as assigned by supervisor, i.e. taking attendance, CACFP, etc.
- Maintain a file system that will include all policies, school year schedules, ODJFS child day care rules, child enrollment information and staff files.
- Provide coverage of program as needed and arrange for substitute instructors in coordination with supervisor.
- Be responsible for administering First Aid to children/staff if required.
- Ensure daily cleaning and maintenance of space/facility.
- May be need to be named on the license & supports the Site Director in ensuring all licensing requirements are followed.
Education & Certifications:
- Minimum high school diploma
- Certification in CPR at the level of Basic Life Support or Professional Rescuer, Basic First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration and associated-determined safety training required within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum 2 years working in a SCHOOL AGE/PRESCHOOL child care setting.
- Previous experience WORKING with diverse populations preferred.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with Microsoft office products.
- Minimum 1 years' experience with all ODJFS licensing procedures and Step Up to Quality requirements preferred.
- Ability to drive from site to site throughout Northeast Ohio.
- Frequently communicates with students
- Frequently walking, stoops, bends, crotches, and kneels to child's eye level, and to maintain clean working environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to work outside and on occasion may encounter inclement weather.
- Performs work in a classroom setting with moderate levels of noise, standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel as required.
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.