- 07-Sep-2021 to 15-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Program - Youth and Family
- Lyndhurst, OH, USA
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Competitive Time Off Plans, Free Family Membership to any YMCA of Greater Cleveland Branch
Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
The Hillcrest Family YMCA has an immediate need for a Director of Youth and Family Programs. The Director of Youth and Family programs is responsible for leading and supervising the youth, family, teens and sport departments of assigned areas. Our ideal candidate will be successful in developing, organizing and implementing high quality youth, families and sports programs such as We Run This City, Leaders Club, Achievers, and Youth in Government, Model UN, Sports Leagues and Sports Camp.
SALARY: $35,568 annually
- Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity.
- On-boards and develops them for success.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; oversight of the scheduling the needed facilities.
- Supervise employees in assigned accountabilities, monitor program operation, scheduling and verify time sheets and actual hours worked.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience in supervision required. Supervision in customer service and/or program management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years programming experience.
- CPR and First Aid certification and Safety training required within 90 days of hire
PHYSHICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Ability to work in a moderate to noisy work environment.
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment
- May be required to work outside and on occasion may encounter inclement weather.
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.