- 12-Aug-2021 to 11-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Westlake, OH, USA
Looking for a Lifeguard position? All year around? Check out Lifeguard opportunities with the YMCA of Greater Cleveland! We offer;
- Inside pools
- Schedule: 20-25 hours per week
- FREE Membership!
YMCA Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring safety of all participants during open swim and program activities.
Location: West Shore Family YMCA
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, other required YMCA certifications.
- Report to work on time and with appropriate safety equipment (fanny pack) and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure safety of participants during class and/or open swim.
- Adhere to Blood borne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Notify supervisor of any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Document any incidents that occur during shift (on daily basis).
- Monitor chlorine, PH levels/ and track water temperature hourly.
- Ability to read, write & understand written directions.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross life guarding certification and CPR PRO certification.
- Physical ability to rescue an individual from water.
- Prior experience helpful.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization that embraces collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.