- 05-Nov-2021 to 04-Jan-2022 (CST)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
Looking for a Lifeguard position? All year around? Check out Lifeguard opportunities with the YMCA of Greater Cleveland.
- Inside pools
- Up to 25 hours a week
- Ability to work at multiple locations.
- Opportunity for growth and development!
- FREE Membership!
At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
YMCA of Greater Cleveland has an immediate need for Lifeguards who will be responsible for ensuring safety of all participants during open swim and program activities.
Pay Rate: $10
- Maintain CPR, First Aid, other required YMCA certifications.
- Report to work on time and with appropriate safety equipment (fanny pack) and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure safety of participants during class and/or open swim.
- Adhere to Blood borne Pathogen standards and attend annual training.
- Notify supervisor of any faulty equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Document any incidents that occur during shift (on daily basis).
- Monitor chlorine, PH levels/ and track water temperature hourly.
- Ability to read, write & understand written directions.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross life guarding certification and CPR PRO certification.
- Physical ability to rescue an individual from water.
- Prior experience helpful.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization that embraces collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.