Are you a night owl? Do you like to drive? Help keep your community more livable, safe and comfortable!
Join the Clarke team as a Seasonal Night Mosquito Technician!
Night Technicians are responsible for driving a company vehicle and/or operating an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) with a spray unit attached to apply a mosquito control product to contracted communities, subdivisions, industrial sites, and other harborage areas in an effort to control the mosquito population.
***Please note these positions will be on call, 3-4 nights per week, and hours may be reduced during the winter months. You will be notified by 3-4pm if you are scheduled to work that night. Hours are a bit more consistent during the spring/summer/early fall months***
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize a map to drive to assigned treatment site(s) and navigate through treatment routes while abiding all traffic laws
- Apply treatments accurately and in a safe, proper and timely manner
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle and equipment to verify working condition and communicate any issues to the supervisor
- Document daily work activity including product used to ensure completion of customer contracts
- Responsible for making sure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all time
Shift: Seasonal ON CALL, Monday - Friday
Working approximately 3:30pm - 1am/3am (AS NEEDED, ON CALL)
Pay: $11.00 per hour
Successful Candidate Must
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent with high school level math skills
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
- Have a valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
- Ability to sit, drive a vehicle and/or ATV for extensive amounts of time following specified routes
- Must be able to work at least 3 days per week (on call)
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday, working approximately 3:30pm - 1am-3am AS NEEDED
- May be required to obtain state required pesticide licensing (training provided)
- Capable of using handheld technical devices including, but not limited to, smartphones, GPS, and systems applications
- Candidate must be comfortable performing assigned duties while operating a vehicle through various residential communities, urban environments and traffic patterns where environmental conditions are affected by weather, pedestrians and other operating vehicles
Clarke is a privately held public health, global environmental products and services Company. For over 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We do this by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups and international institutions such as UNICEF, and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
We offer a team atmosphere where each individual can and does make a difference. So, whether you are a recent grad seeking resume experience, a student looking for an internship opportunity or looking for a great seasonal job consider working for Clarke!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
To apply, please submit application/resume at www.clarke.com