- Katy, TX, USA
- $18.26 - $27.38
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Disability, Life/ADD, Paid Time Off
SUMMARY: Reviews and processes all items for the Planning and Zoning Commission. Accepts, reviews, and compiles project files for plats, new development, zoning materials, and infrastructure lists prior to final filing. Acts as the liaison between City staff and developers.
- Processes and compiles files for plat submittals; examines plats prior to staff review and verifies that all information is in accordance with City ordinances; coordinates approvals with key City personnel prior to filing and recording documents with the Counties.
- Provides direct internal and external customer service; addresses and resolves issues; maintains records; meets with professional engineers, surveyors and planners to discuss and resolve design related issues.
- Operates GIS system to identify utility locations along with parcel ownership; prepares all materials for the City Planning and Zoning Commission to include packets, recommendation letters, and meeting minutes.
- Processes requests related to the City's zoning ordinance; composes zoning verification letters; approves zoning applications; ensures project applicants are informed of City requirements and necessary materials.
- Schedules and coordinates a list of participants and attends preconstruction meetings for various projects; verifies and collects inspection fees paid by contractors.
- Monitors City capital projects on cloud-based systems; attends monthly meetings and updates project cost list; verifies all performance bonds for City projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Urban Planning, or related field; AND one (1) year of community development, planning, or engineering experience, preferably within a municipal government; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Department policies and procedures.
- City code, ordinances and regulations.
- Municipal laws as they adhere to the patting of land and zoning uses.
- Reading and interpreting surveys, plats, codes, and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicating clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Working with little or no supervision.
- Meeting deadlines.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: A valid State driver's license may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a standard office environment.