- Goose Creek, SC, USA
- Part Time
Wage depends on experience; Free recreation center membership and some golf privileges may apply.
Assistant Gymnastics Coach
Part-time, flexible hours to work afternoons, nights or weekends.
JOB SUMMARY: Position responsible for conducting gymnastics classes and camps to include instructing classes in a safe, positive, educational and fun environment.
- Executes planned activities to include age appropriate gymnastics skills.
- Assists supervisor in planning program activities.
- Participates in structured activities with the children; observes and assists participates in acquiring new skills.
- Reports accidents and injuries in accordance with City of Goose Creek policies.
- Prepares facility for daily activities and cleans up facility at end of the day. Checks equipment for safety and reports any safety issues to supervisor immediately.
- Ensures child is released to the correct parent/guardian.
- Maintains a safe environment for the children.
- Keeps daily attendance records and progress reports.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assists co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to monitor planned activities with children.
- Ability to perform CPR and basic first aid.
- Ability to supervise and relate well to children.
- Ability to lift and move gymnastics equipment and to spot children while doing gymnastics.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The supervisor assigns work with instructions that are specific and clear and cover all aspects of the job.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include Municipal, State and Federal laws, City policies and procedures and USA Gymnastics safety guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of related duties connected to monitoring children while participating in the gymnastics program. Position requires close attention to the children.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to ensure a safe environment for children participating in the programs. Errors can cause injuries and complaints from participants.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with other department personnel and the general public.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed indoors with some work outdoors.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months experience in teaching and structuring gymnastics classes.
- Must maintain active SC Drivers License.
- CPR and First Aid Certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Must obtain USAG Safety Certification within 60 days
IF A CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS MADE, APPLICANT(S) MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A BACKGROUND SCREENING, PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST AND PHYSICAL (IF REQUIRED BY THE POSITION). ADDITIONAL TESTING IS REQUIRED FOR SPECIFIED POSITIONS AND POLICE DEPARTMENT APPLICANTS.