- 17-May-2023 to 13-Jun-2023 (CST)
- Civil Service
- Edinburg, TX, USA
- 39045.53-52378.73 per year Upon completion of probation and certification annual salary rate increases to $64,067.32
- Full Time
The City offers excellent benefits including paid holidays, vacation/sick leave, health, dental, life, and disability insurance, retirement system and optional deferred compensation programs.
WRITTEN EXAMINATION FOR
ENTRY-LEVEL POLICE OFFICER POSITION
The City of Edinburg will conduct testing for the position of Entry-Level Police Officer.
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2023
TIME: 8:30 a.m. (doors open at 8:00 a.m.)
LOCATION: Activity Center
123 E. Palm Dr.
Edinburg, TX 78539
An Application may be filled out online at the City of Edinburg website:
from May 17, 2023 through June 13, 2023
Deadline to submit the Application and required documents is June 13, 2023 at 11:59 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
As per Local Civil Service Rules:
1.) Police Department entry level eligibility lists will expire six months after the date of the entrance examination. A new examination may be given, depending on the needs of the Edinburg Police Department, at the end of the six (6) month period or sooner, if applicable.
2.) Law Enforcement Applicants who possess Valid Peace Officer's license through the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education (TCOLE) may be given preference regardless of their position on the eligibility list upon providing evidence of such certifications.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES WHO MAY NEED ASSISTANCE ARE REQUESTED TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES/CIVIL SERVICE DIVISION AT (956) 388-1873. REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE EXAM SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE ACCORDINGLY.
All applicants will be required to present a valid Driver License for photo identification purposes.
I. To be eligible to take the Civil Service Written Examination and the Physical Agility/Strength and Endurance Test for Entry-Level Position Police Officer with the Edinburg Police Department, applicants shall:
(1) Be citizen of the United States;
(2) Not be less than 21 years of age or older than 44 years of age (Pursuant to the Texas Local Government Code, Subchapter A. General Provisions, 143.023 Eligibility for Beginning Position (c);
(3) Be a high school graduate or have passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating high school graduation level;
(4) Have completed 30 semester hours credit from an accredited college or university, or one of the following:
(a) Have a minimum of 2 years of full-time military service with an honorable discharge, or
(b) Have 2 years of full-time Peace Officer experience, or
(5) Have a valid Driver License and satisfactory driving record (a valid Texas Driver License and satisfactory driving record is required prior to employment as an Entry-Level Police Officer);
(6) Have completed and submitted the enclosed documentation to the City of Edinburg Human Resources/Civil Service Division by the deadline. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
(7) Must be able to intelligently read and write the English language; and
(8) Meet the minimum standards set forth in the published notice and established minimum qualifications in the position classification plan as adopted by the Civil Service Commission.
II. An applicant may not be certified as eligible for an Entry-Level position with the Police Department unless the applicant meets all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future licensing by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). For more information visit: http://www.tcole.texas.gov/
For additional information in regards to the exam, minimum requirements and to download the Medical Release of Liability Form refer the job description button below with further instructions.
Applicants will be subject to a complete background investigation. Incomplete, inaccurate and/or failure to report information will cause the applicant rejection from consideration.
Applicants must also take and pass a pre-employment drug test administered by the City of Edinburg at the City's expense.