- 29-Jun-2022 to 29-Sep-2022 (CST)
- Community Development
- Conroe, TX, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, Pool and Recreation Center facility usage
The Administrative Support Specialist 2 provides non-routine clerical/administrative support which may include drafting/typing correspondence, reports, charts, graphs, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software; basic bookkeeping, screening calls/visitors; preparing agendas, travel and/or meeting/special event arrangements; and managing supervisor's or department's calendar.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs general clerical work including but not limited to answering of phones, greeting and assisting walk-in customers, distribution of mail, and general data entry tasks.
- Provides internal and external customer service via phone, email and in person; responds to inquiries, takes messages, and refers inquiries to the most appropriate parties when appropriate.
- Keeps appointment calendars and schedules appointments for staff and the general public seeking services.
- Maintains and orders office supplies, as assigned and when needed.
- Uses computers and word processing software to process letters, forms, reports, schedules, manuals, booklets, requisitions, purchase orders and related paperwork.
- Assists in sending out billings and other mass mailings.
- Performs basic research and compiles documents needed for various reports and management-level documents.
- Prepares and completes forms and composes letters.
- Sets up and maintains specialized paper and electronic office files.
- May accept payments for fees, fines, goods or services as required by the department.
- Files letters, reports and related technical information in the prescribed manner.
- Performs work at assigned location during specified business hours.
- Performs related additional duties as required and assigned.
- Processes accounts payable and credit cards.
- Is proficient in the building department software and building codes.
- Assists permit techs and handles training.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of department functions, resources and general practices.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and alphanumeric sequencing.
- Skill in typing, data processing and file maintenance.
- Ability to create and maintain files and records.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate commonly used manual and automated office equipment.
- Ability to use and trouble shoot various computer and standard office equipment.
- Ability to interact with and communicate with general public in a friendly productive manner.
The work is medium and requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motions, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.