- 29-Mar-2022 to 28-Aug-2022 (CST)
- Public Works
- Conroe, TX, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, Pool and Recreation Center facility usage
This position performs several job functions under the supervision of the Pump& Motor Maintenance Superintendent and Master Electrician. Generally, this employee is responsible for the electrical installation and repairs in all City owned buildings, equipment, and traffic signals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs maintenance of electrical controls, equipment, and traffic signals.
- Oversees operation of light construction equipment, and bucket truck.
- Oversees general electrical work for City owned buildings.
- Oversees red light maintenance.
- Assists other departments with utility construction
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of 6 years' experience in electrical operations. Must possess a State Journeyman Electrician's license issued Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
Must possess a Journeyman Electrician License issued by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Must possess a valid Texas Class "B" Commercial driver's license. Must be able to obtain a sewer collection license and a minimum of a Class "D" Water license issued by the State of Texas. Must be able to lift weights of 50 pounds. Must be available 24 hours. This position will be on call every three or four weeks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical controls, equipment of sewage lift stations, water plants, and traffic signals.
- Knowledge of general electrical work such as office buildings.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate light construction equipment, and bucket truck.
- Knowledge of control panel troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer software and programs.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift weights of 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb in and out of confined areas and have the ability to climb heights greater than100feet.
- Ability to diagnose electrical control problems in water plants, waste water treatment plants, lift stations and traffic signals.
- Ability to work as many hours needed to get the work assigned completed.
- Ability to understand engineer drawings.
- Ability to adapt to new technology, new methods and changing conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to obtain certifications/licenses to perform work assignments.
- Ability to respond at any hour during an emergency when requested.
- Ability to understand and follow City of Conroe and Departmental policies and procedures.
The work is heavy and requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, fingering, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motions, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
Work is performed where extreme temperatures, humidity, caustic substances, noise, physical hazards, vibrations, and respiratory hazards may be encountered.