- 02-Jun-2022 to 01-Sep-2022 (CST)
- Aquatic Center
- Conroe, TX, USA
- Part Time
Pool and Recreation Center facility usage
Responsible for teaching learn to swim classes to children and adults and plan, conduct and/or organize designated swimming development classes or water safety presentations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates swimming skills and performance. Instructs aquatic programs according to the American Red Cross curriculum and based on sound learning principles.
- Participates in all in-service training sessions.
- Ensures safe participation of patrons enrolled in learn to swim classes and other aquatic programs or presentations.
- Responds to questions regarding swim lessons and skill development.
- Maintains class attendance and course records. Assists with learn to swim registration as requested.
- Promotes good public relations with facility users and outside organizations by presenting water safety presentations (to requesting groups when feasible).
- Completes general housekeeping duties in the aquatic facility
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of 16 years of age and actively pursuing high school diploma.
Must possess current American Red Cross Certifications Water Safety Instructor (WSI). PCPR/AED and First Aid or equivalent certification. Must possess valid Texas "Class C" driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and able to teach the American Red Cross Water Safety curriculum.
- Skill in good communication and public relation.
- Ability to swim, bend, stoop, twist and reach when teaching and maintaining pool area.
- Ability to walk frequently to organize and lead participants to and from the water and to identify problems or hazards.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 50 lbs., or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent public service skills at all times.
The work requires medium and requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, climbing, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, speaking, standing, talking, and walking.