- Washington, DC, USA
- 65000-80000 per year
- Full Time
Full benefits, including health care, life insurance, short and long-term disability, HSA, PTO
Located: Washington D.C. area
Education: Bachelors Degree in professional writing, journalism, communications, English, creative writing, or related field
Experience: At least 2 years of related experience
- Minimum qualifications: Personnel and all designated alternates shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Knowledge and experience working within Federal government regulations and guidelines regarding:
- writing, editing and project management support;
- experience meeting federal accessibility requirements (508 Compliance);
- experience conducting and utilizing market/audience research to inform
- development of outreach materials and strategies;
- experience creating templates and strategies to enable a client to use these tools for rulemaking management and execution into the future, across a range of platforms;
- experience meeting federal style guidance for graphic design and written material;
- Reviewing and editing the text that are developed by staff within the agency, and correcting errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and spelling.
- Ensuring that text follows the intended purpose, communicates clearly to the target audiences, flows smoothly, follows required style guidelines, expresses the intended tone, and is consistent in tone and message throughout.
- Developing messages and materials to communicate administration priorities and program information accurately, timely, and in a manner that can be understood by a wide variety of audiences.
- Translating topics that are highly complex into compelling messages that are easily understood by employees, managers, senior executives, potential employees, partners, advocates, and the general public.
- Editing complex communications products including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, invitations, educational toolkits, scripts, speeches, talking points, outlines, presentations, reports, summaries, one-pagers, operational and strategic plans, communication plans, training curricula, policy memos, instructional bulletins, Q&As, publications, and other materials developed by staff within the agency to ensure consistency with Agency messages, administration priorities, and accuracy with regard to GPO style guidelines, as appropriate.
- Apply knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and collaborating with others in a shared drive or document management system environment to achieve tasks.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.