- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- 45000-55000 $45,000-55,000
- Full Time
Full benefits, including health care, life insurance, short and long-term disability, HSA, PTO
Circuit Media (CM), an industry leading creative services, government staffing, and communications firm is growing. A company that celebrates collaboration, curiosity, and delivering on time, every time, Circuit Media's team embodies the core belief of work hard and be kind.
The Proposal Writer/Business Development Specialist will perform collaborative business development and proposal writing within our government contracts and business development team. Working jointly, the ideal candidate will research, compile, and develop content creatively and across CM business units. The candidate will be able to function under tight deadlines, convey information succinctly and in a compelling manner, and apply inventive methods to distill and convey necessary material. The candidate will understand government solicitation specifications, clarify ambiguous requirements, synthesize technical descriptions, review, and select relevant existing content, and develop tailored new content.
Ideal candidates will have a talent for translating content into easily digestible pieces to persuade an audience. They should be able to tailor voice and content to the audience and infer meaning to strategize and determine the story behind the solicitation and response.
- Develop clear, concise, accurate, innovative, and compliant responses to government solicitations (e.g., requests for proposals, quotes, information, sources sought notices).
- Apply creativity and original rationale to persuade potential government clients.
- Advise staff for BD/proposal information, guidance, and support.
- Participate in strategic planning for pursuits and marketing efforts, including:
- assisting teams through the business development process,
- coordinating strategic business development activities, and
- facilitating capture planning activities, working collaboratively with technical staff.
- Assist other departments in creating additional documents, including pricing proposals, standard program proposals, and miscellaneous marketing products as needed to support the business development cycle.
- Review final documents for editing, compliance, and completeness.
- Meet time constraints and innovate to continually improve our approach to responses.
- Continuously curate, grow, and update our team library of approved content, organizing proposal content to maximize reuse efficacy and utility.
- Participate in preparations for interviews and client presentations.
- Volunteer innovative ideas, input, and perspective to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in proposal writing/business development.
- Experience with U.S. Federal Government procurement processes and developing proposal responses, familiarity with FAR and simplified acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage resources, workloads, and deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills to develop proposals, coordinate activities with multiple departments, and incorporate plain language in the proposal.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, writing, editing, formatting, and project management skills.
- Ability to review and edit material for content, style, and compliance with internal and external standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Business products.
- Prior experience collaborating with business development team members to conduct capture planning and management for opportunities.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- StoryBrand experience is a bonus.