This is a Budget Analyst role in support of The U.S Maritime Administration is an agency of the U.S Department of Transportation. The Maritime Administration maintains the National Defense Reserve Fleet (NDRF) as a ready source of ships for use during national emergencies and assists the NDRF in fulfilling its role as the nation's fourth arm of defense, logistically supporting the military when needed.
Located: Washington D.C., Current telework hybrid protocol in place
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Experience: minimum of 7 years of government work experience
Clearance Requirement: None
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide business process analytics support
- Collect and analyze data necessary for financial Formulation related to critical mission operations to enable decision making by MARAD leadership
- Assist with coordination, preparation, planning, and justification of the MARAD annual budget cycle in the Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution process (PPBE) to include schedules, training, briefings, and meetings
- Conduct data analysis for MARAD Organizations and Directorate programs; develop and monitor program portfolios and provide data analysis in a programmatic overview. This includes reviewing budget law, regulation, policies, etc.
- Assist in ensuring financial requirements are aligned with the MARAD missions and program objectives and are justified within the annual budget submission, to include Congressional Justification writing and editing
- Assist in developing and reviewing policy direction/guidance and standard operation of procedures, to include fiscal guidance
- Work with MARAD directorates to develop the organization's budget, reviewing budget proposals for completeness and accuracy
- Examine prior budgets and data to identify trends and provide recommendations for future years programs and projections
- Apply policy and program changes to analysis to determine short and long-term impact on mission
- Analyze reports that oversee spending to ensure compliance with the budget and determine whether changes to funding levels are needed for certain programs for future years
- Conduct gap analysis and root cause analysis to provide data for performance improvement
- Obtain or utilize existing working tools that will enable dashboard reporting and monitoring
- Provide integration capability for formulation and execution to leverage analytical products for use in all PPBE cycles
- Utilize identified requirement gaps to document end-to-end business processes and diagrams, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and desktop guides
- Collect and analyze data necessary for financial execution related to critical mission operations, such as payroll, travel, etc. to enable decision making by MARAD leadership
- Perform other financial management related functions as needed
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.