Located: Washington D.C. area
Education: Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Preferred
Experience: 5-10 years experience
- Individual must have a demonstrable working knowledge of Federal, regulatory and stylistic requirements for communications, outreach and rulemaking.
- A thorough understanding of the federal notice-and-comment rulemaking process is required.
- Minimum qualifications: Personnel and all designated alternates shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Knowledge and experience working within Federal government regulations and guidelines regarding:
- writing, editing and project management support;
- experience meeting federal accessibility requirements (508 Compliance);
- experience conducting and utilizing market/audience research to inform
- development of outreach materials and strategies;
- experience creating templates and strategies to enable a client to use these tools for rulemaking management and execution into the future, across a range of platforms;
- experience meeting federal style guidance for graphic design and written material;
- the rulemaking development process.
- Develop and implement file naming and saving conventions to be applied across the team to keep documents organized and to maintain version control.
- Develop and maintain master timelines of document sections, authors, due dates, and status so that managers can easily review project status at any given time.
- Coordinate all reviews, including sending emails with review goals with due dates, and tracking, consolidating, summarizing, and reconciling feedback from reviewers as received.
- Summarize common themes resulting from document reviews (including by the contractor and others) and raised during project team meetings to facilitate resolution and decision.
- Identify areas of inconsistency across documents and work across authors to resolve. Edit text for consistency across authors to maximize readability.
- Facilitate writing team meetings to conduct writing reviews, coordinate crosscutting issue and decision integration, and provide feedback shared across documents.
- Write sections of rules and supplementary analyses, as needed, based on gaps in author coverage and the need for bridge language to connect sections of the documents authored by different writers; convert issue papers into rule language as needed and directed.
- Develop briefings and summaries to report to managers about trouble areas, schedule deviations, or emerging concerns, elevating risks as they are detected.
- Process public comments to identify substantive and form letters or duplicates, prepare comment summaries, identify trends and present metrics to characterize the body of comments.
- Review and analyze public comments, identifying policy issues presented in public comments, summarizing commenters' recommendations and prioritizing high-risk issues.
- Coordinate policy analysis to identify additional information needs, assist with additional research or information gathering, and develop policy options
- Conduct regulatory impact analyses to quantify the costs and benefits of a regulation and alternatives.
- Prepare and coordinate written responses to public comments (including revisions to regulatory text) and explanatory text for inclusion in a final rule, as needed.
- Assist in planning and delivering rollout materials including public presentations or webinars as needed.
- Assist with moving final rules through the clearance process by preparing and organizing materials to facilitate reviewer feedback and decisions and responding to comments from reviewers.
- Proofread, review and edit rulemaking-related documents including briefing materials, memos and summaries.
- Provide editorial support for written materials drafted by NOP staff that relate to standards work, such as, policy positions/deliberations, rulemaking, and clarification of regulations.
- Apply knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and collaborating with others in a shared drive or document management system environment to achieve tasks.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.