Digital and Social Media Strategist
The purpose of this position is to provide support services to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) in Washington D.C. Will help with efforts across, up to, 7 different offices within the LPA through administrative, programmatic, and technical support that will supply services to support LPA in accomplishing Agency priorities.
Located: Denver, CO
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
Clearance Requirement: Secret Clearance highly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing multiple communications and social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong strategic communications skills and background required.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Strong understanding of social media analytics desired.
- Travel up to 10% may be needed.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate across teams to develop and execute social media strategies and tactics.
- Draft and schedule social media posts to support a cohesive external message.
- Develop and edit social media content; coordinate across teams to ensure that social media toolkits, messaging, and resource guides are finalized for distribution among key stakeholders, including internal audiences.
- Develop and support strategic implementation of distribution plans.
- Manage photo editing or creation of digital assets (e.g., pictograms).
- Manage video clip editing as needed.
- Respond to social media inquiries and comments in real time.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to drive, join, or share ongoing digital conversations that relate to strategic priority areas.
- Update and implement a strategic social media strategy and best practices style guide to emphasize distribution against core messaging priorities, increase reach, and deepen audience engagement to coincide with LPA's public affairs plan.
- Support analytics review.
- Design and support implementation of strategic communications campaigns.
- Provide event support ranging from logistics assistance to on-site strategic communications and social media management.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.