Communications and Content Specialist
The purpose of this position is to provide support services to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) in Washington D.C. Will help with efforts across, up to, 7 different offices within the LPA through administrative, programmatic, and technical support that will supply services to support LPA in accomplishing Agency priorities.
Located: Denver, CO
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Direct experience working on events for the US Government, foreign governments and international organizations. Direct international experience required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helps shape vision for cohesive, coordinated messaging through various content types that promote overarching Agency narrative and communications objectives.
- Provides strategic direction on LPA's key messaging and communications priorities. Provides recommendations and oversight of production of LPA-guided content.
- Develops and coordinates the Agency content, including videos, newsletter, blogs, photos, and shareable content for social media channels.
- Coordinates communication across teams to ensure that production timelines are clear and coordinated efforts are executed in an efficient manner.
- Provides guidance on development of communications products to align with LPA's content strategy.
- Provides continuity of guidance across teams, including a range of DOC and SCG support, for cohesive implementation among Agency communications network.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize distribution of USAID content and messaging to ensure that external audiences, domestically and globally, recognize USAID's purpose and leadership role in international development.
- Produces an outreach plan to show the impact of USAID's work around the world and domestically. Accelerate planning and production for a comprehensive library of new and creative content that highlights the USAID brand and features "American heroes" for LPA's storytelling platforms.
- Employs a variety of techniques to analyze effectiveness of products and associated syndication strategies and to identify areas of improvement areas. Provides evaluation reports and recommendations to management.
- Assists managers and staff on methods to develop creative approaches to all materials, events and media strategies.
- Serves as a key resource on USAID branding, including responding to branding inquiries and supporting brand compliance.
- Provides training, regular feedback, and coaching for staff to support broader skill development and capacity in the area of strategic communications and content design.
- Recommends new or revised communication policies, procedures and techniques based on industry standards.
- Supports or leads the development/updating of Standard Operating Procedures for content development and review.
- Provides support in managing quality control of external USAID products and accepts, amends or rejects work.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.