The purpose of this position is to provide support services to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) in Washington D.C. Will help with efforts across, up to, 7 different offices within the LPA through administrative, programmatic, and technical support that will supply services to support LPA in accomplishing Agency priorities.
Located: Denver, CO
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Clearance Requirement: None
- Requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail applications.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, as well as work within tight schedule constraints, is critical.
- Must possess the skills necessary to resolve conflicts and respond promptly to the ever-changing demands of the principal.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills are required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as one of the support members for the DAAs Front Office operations and manages the flow and exchange of information, streamlines interactions with internal and external customers.
- Manages the DAA's appointment calendar and schedules appointments, meetings/conferences, speaking invitations, and official social functions upon own initiative based on personal knowledge of DAA's schedule, obligations and following protocol procedures for contacting parties.
- Monitors email for action items and glean items from staff meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates and maintains a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
- Reviews taskers to determine scope and ensures that taskers are relayed to appropriate staff members and follows through to ensure the Director receives responses.
- Maintains accurate records and files management systems.
- Monitors and screens visitors, telephone calls, and meeting engagements with the Director.
- Coordinates visitor building access and escorting are required.
- Manages travel schedule to include preparing itinerary, making reservations and protocol coordination. Prepare and submit travel vouchers for reimbursement.
- Makes appointments, travel arrangements, and itineraries; assembles or ensures that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared.
- Nature of work may be sensitive and potentially controversial and requires the full trust and confidence of the Front Office members.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.