Internal Communications Protocol and Events Advisor
The purpose of this position is to provide support services to the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau of Legislative and Public Affairs (LPA) in Washington D.C. Will help with efforts across, up to, 7 different offices within the LPA through administrative, programmatic, and technical support that will supply services to support LPA in accomplishing Agency priorities.
Located: Denver, CO
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Clearance Requirement: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Direct experience working on events for the US Government, foreign governments and international organizations. Direct international experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in handling matters related to protocol, etiquette and diplomatic relations for the US Government, foreign government and international organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide protocol, etiquette and special event training programs.
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reports to the Internal Communications Section within LPA/WM in executing duties and responsibilities as related to protocol, diplomatic outreach and special events.
- Conceptualizes, develops, implements, evaluates and maintains the USAID internal events plan.
- Serves as the IC lead on in-person and virtual events, working closely with other members of the team and groups across the Agency hosting engagements with USAID staff.
- Manages all aspects of IC events including project/event conceptualization, plan development, logistics, and coordination with relevant participants and venues.
- Creates and maintains all relevant tracking systems including an historical and upcoming events calendar for topics, speakers, invitees, RSVPs, and other critical event information.
- Leads the conceptualization, development, distribution and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for IC-driven and Agency-wide internal events.
- Creates and maintains lessons learned/after-action reports for all events utilizing IC resources.
- Leads the development and distribution of events metrics analysis after each event and overall.
- Coordinates all communications for the event within the IC team.
- Serves as the IC lead for day-of event execution, in collaboration with relevant staff from LPA and the Front Office and others when applicable.
- Coordinates with high-level speakers and support staff.
Circuit Media looks for creative problem solvers who can flex and grow as needs change and expand. There's a reason why we've been voted a top company by Forbes, Colorado Companies to Watch, and SHRM. Check out our social responsibility website at www.circuitmediagreen.com. We are an 8(a) Certified, EDWOSB, ISBEE.