- Adjunct - Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Accounting
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for an adjunct faculty position for the Accounting program. Qualified candidates will need to teach college-level courses to our technical, transfer degree and non-degree seeking students in our Business Division in the area of Accounting. Responsibilities will include instructing students and providing relevant class/lab experiences. Instruction may take place in a classroom or via distance or online learning web portals.
Adjunct Faculty Essential Responsibilities:
- Teach courses at a variety of campuses in response to institutional needs.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. .
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic program chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a major/concentration in Accounting or both a Bachelor's degree and an Associate's degree/certificate in accounting or a Master's degree in Accounting or Business or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years industry experience in the accounting field.
- Accounting certification/license, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Enrolled Agent, etc.
- Have experience using diverse methods of classroom technology and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- On-line distance education instruction experience preferably using Blackboard.
- Possess the ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Willing and able to teach day or evening classes.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching, using applied academic methods, including active and collaborative learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success.
- Exhibits strong written and oral communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area.
- Is fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed. Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Position available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Cincinnati State is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!