- Senior Director
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Student Services Specialist (Grade 18)
Clifton Campus, Admissions/Welcome Center & Career Center
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for the position of full-time, Student Services Specialist (SSS). The SSS is knowledgeable of all aspects of Cincinnati State and the phases of career exploration and development. The SSS will easily discern the needs of each visitor to the Welcome Center/Career Center, and provide assistance or make a referral to the appropriate office and/or college personnel. This position requires an individual that is professional, detail-oriented, methodical, and dependable with excellent customer service skills. The SSS will support an array of services and information related to admission, major and career exploration, enrollment and student services.
- Greet and provide quality customer service to all visitors and students to ensure a positive experience within the Welcome Center/Admissions and Career Center.
- Assists new and continuing students with all student services processes, career exploration and assessments as well as provides referrals to advising, transfer degree pathways, and registration etc.
- Meets and corresponds with prospective and current students to facilitate the full-cycle student services and career development processes.
- Assists the Office of Admissions and Career Center to ensure a smooth transition from prospect to student and the career search process.
- Assist with events and programs with the Office of Admissions and Career Center.
- Utilize College Platforms (i.e. Starfish/CRM/Colleague/Teams/Career Link) to perform and track activities (phone, email, appointments, walk-in traffic etc.)
- Provides resolutions to an assortment of academic and administrative problems of moderately complex scope and provides analytical reports to faculty and administrators.
- Communicate Workforce Development Center program options and general details to prospective and active students, relying on personal knowledge and extensive communication with the respective Workforce Development Courses, Business Manager/Program Manager.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing updates of the Welcome Center Knowledge Bank.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement and refinement to ensure the optimal customer/student experience.
- Support and contribute to meeting Department and institutional student success goals and key performance indicators.
- Assist with directing and utilizing student employee/Ambassadors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college in a relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in higher education student services that demonstrate skills in student support services, student relations/customer relations.
- Experience and strong competencies in Microsoft Office suite of business software, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work assigned schedule which may include schedule variations during peak enrollment periods.
- One year of professional experience, ideally within a college or career development setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues pertaining to higher education, career development or job search.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to handle complex situations with diplomacy.
- Excellent computer proficiency and experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, staff, community, and student population.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to students from diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Strong commitment for providing outstanding customer services.
- Initiative to work independently; a self-motivated team player with emphasis on excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
- Maintain a philosophy of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Reports To: Director, Admissions & Career Center
Position Level: Student Services Specialist
Comp. Range: $19.51/hr.
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!