- Adjunct - Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct - Culinary Arts
Overview: Classroom or online instruction for courses in the following areas: Culinary Arts
Adjunct Faculty Essential Responsibilities:
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Provide students with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through an approved, standardized syllabus.
- Ensure that students are complying with MCI dress code and culinary lab policies as well as completing all course assignments and course preparation.
- Administer and grade quizzes and exams to assess achievement.
- Ensure that culinary labs are left in a clean, organized fashion according to MCI lab policies.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain an electronic record of each student's progress and have it accessible to the students.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the program chair, culinary faculty, and/or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts
- At least three (3) years culinary industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong desire to teach
- Bachelor Degree
- Previous teaching experience
- Five (5) years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- ACF Certification
- Experience with Blackboard or other learning management system
- Experience working with individuals from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences
- Serves as a role model for MCI students.
- Full commitment to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to fulfill duties without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
Position Available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file.
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!