- Adjunct - Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Medical Assistant Certificate
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is recruiting an Adjunct faculty member in the Medical Assistant Certificate program that exhibits strong communication skills with the willingness to serve as a role model for students to teach courses in the Medical Assistant Certificate program. This position will provide instruction in the classroom, online, or laboratory setting. You should be fully committed to the Mission and Values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Deliver student learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement, as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching the course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations, and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve, and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Deliver course and program learning outcomes as defined by the syllabus and program accreditation competencies.
- Maintain an electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and have it available upon request by students and submit this document to the Program Director at the end of the semester.
- Facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students while engaging students in the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete as directed, all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, student checkoffs and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate college personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and college policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare experience as a Medical Assistant or Registered Nurse or a closely related health profession.
- Must be credentialed and hold current license or certification in Medical Assisting by a credentialing organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) including one of the following: Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Clinical Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- Some night or weekend hours may be required.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science in health related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Previous teaching experience in a higher learning academic environment.
- 5 years applied experience in the teaching of a variety of subject areas.
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, including innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Demonstrate success and commitment as a team player.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth, and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful, and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision. Self-directed and motivated.
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed.
Reports To: Associate Dean
Position Level: Adjunct Medical Assistant Certificate
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour
Job Category: Adjunct
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Cincinnati State is committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!