- Public Safety/Campus Police
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Police Officer, Part-Time
Our Police Officers are responsible for enforcing the College's comprehensive safety, facility security, crime prevention, criminal investigations, parking enforcement, fire prevention, emergency preparedness, traffic safety, and related environmental health and safety standards and protocols. This person conforms to appropriate professional standards and protocols of law enforcement with respect to enforcement activities and acts as the Department Leader as needed and in the absence of the Director. Our police officers support the mission of the College and the Campus Police Department including the value of shared governance and philosophy of providing friendly, knowledgeable service and assistance to the Campus community and surrounding areas. They exhibit the highest degree of respect, professionalism, and courtesy in serving the needs of the Campus community, including due consideration of the need to protect individual rights and dignity of faculty, students, and staff without regard to race, color, physical or mental ability, age, gender, ethnicity, or membership in any other protected class.
- Ensures that all incidents and arrest activities are thoroughly and appropriately investigated and documented, and that the findings are fully-supported by the relevant evidence and communicated to the appropriate stake holders in a timely manner.
- Provide presence and maintains the peace at campus events, including unlocking building doors for individuals to provide access.
- Monitor and direct traffic, provide information and related services to ensure the safe flow of traffic and prevent congestion, and enforces campus parking regulations.
- Prepare clear, accurate and comprehensive written reports, parking citations, daily activity logs, and related legal and administrative documentation.
- Prepare cases for presentation in court and testify as a witness when called.
- Report maintenance issues, security deficiencies, and hazardous conditions that appear across campus.
- Obtain evidence and compile information regarding criminal activity and violations of the Student Code of Conduct and College policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency calls within the building and provides emergency first aid and CPR when needed.
- Attend meetings and successfully complete training sessions to conform to police officer requirements.
- Perform other work-related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends and variable shifts in all weathers and conditions.
- Certification through the Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training Commission (OPOTC).
- Valid and current drivers' license with good driving record. Ability to successfully pass extensive background, reference and drug screening process.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited College or university or completion of some college coursework.
- At least 2 years' prior experience in community-based policing or relevant higher education law enforcement experience.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws as applied to Campus law enforcement.
- Ability to remain tactful and diplomatic in communicating with people, take into consideration their opinions, feelings and situations without demonstrating prejudiced biased in their race, religion, social status, etc., and respond logically and decisively.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, impulse and emotional control, during highly stressful and volatile situations, including ability to consider and implement the least extreme method of resolving conflict when possible.
- Ability to communicate needs, instructions and decisions clearly, as well as adapt the style of communication to meet the needs of the particular audience.
- Understanding of the College community and active commitment to policing reflecting its unique customer needs and concerns.
- Acts with a high degree of integrity and conscientiousness.
- Considers and shows respect for the opinions, circumstances and feelings of colleagues and members of the public, without regard to race, gender, age, religion, position, socio-economic condition, background, circumstances, status or appearance.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, including demonstrated understanding of multi-cultural competency and ability to build effective, collaborative relationships within an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Ability to follow all campus policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
Reports To: Captain (first line supervision), Chief
Position Level: Part-time Police Officer
Compensation: $13 - $15 per hour
Job Category: Non-professional
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Classification: Non -Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!