- Adjunct - Humanities & Sciences
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Title: Adjunct Faculty, Physics
Overview: Classroom instruction for courses in the following areas
- Physics (Algebra/Trig Based Physics, Calculus Based Physics, Health Physics, Aviation Physics, Introduction to Physics)
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note: preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations, and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve, and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Complete Blackboard grade books, attendance rosters, final grade sheets, learning assessments and exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and have it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Facilitate meaningful student learning activities that align with the course learning outcomes and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule (i.e., doing lab make-ups and helping students) as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course learning outcomes as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Department Chair.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the Physics Area Chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- A Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in physics, or
- A Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any field, with at least 18 graduate credit hours in a physics-related discipline.
- Available to teach in-person classes.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution, or a minimum of two years as a teaching assistant.
- Experience teaching in a community college.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Experience with or commitment to learn and use the College's Learning Management System, Blackboard.
- Commitment to student excellence and continued improvement of instruction.
- Ability to use a computer and software used in academic settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed.
Details: Positions varies by semester
Reports To: Associate Dean, Humanities and Sciences
Position Level: Adjunct, Physics
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!