- Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Nurse Aide Training Program Coordinator (Full - time)
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for a fulltime Nurse Aide Training & Outreach Manager. This position requires an individual that enjoys multi-tasking and is a team player. Qualified candidates will need to demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with regulations and policies of the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Board of Nursing, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College policies and Standards of Practice for a Registered Nurse. Familiarity with serving corporate customers, particularly in the area of long term care is also required.
The Manager will work closely with the Associate Dean of the Health & Public Safety Division (HPS) and the Director of the Workforce Development Center (WDC) to assist in the coordination of all courses, labs and clinical experiences relating to delivery of the Nurse Aide Training Program. The Manager will also support the marketing and outreach to businesses and other entities which may benefit from the Nurse Aide Certificate. Responsibilities will include ensuring faculty and students have the resources needed to deliver relevant class/lab/clinical experiences as required in the Nurse Aide course.
The Nurse Aide Training & Outreach Manager is responsible for processing students in the completion of requirements for Nurse Aide training at the college and post course external testing. The Manager will collaborate extensively with program chair(s), co-op coordinators, teaching faculty, members of the HPS Division and WDC, as well as with the community to support and grow the program and activities of the Nursing program cluster and the College.
- Assists with hiring, support, supervision and development of adjunct instructors including responsibility for convening (Nurse Aide Training Adjunct) NATA meetings and updating the NATCEP website.
- Review and oversight of delivery of the Nurse Aide Training Programs to monitor compliance with the Ohio Department of Health policies and requirements.
- Monitor pass rates, completion rates and student evaluation of the program.
- Prepare, audit and maintain student and class files for compliance with ODH regulations.
- Work with Workforce Development personnel to market the program and its delivery at the Workforce Development Center, Middletown campus, and other sites to be developed.
- Actively participate in relevant Health and Public Safety Division and Workforce Development Center meetings and committees.
- Review, monitor and assist student(s) in the application process for enrolling in the Nurse Aide Training program.
- Collaborate with other departments at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College to facilitate student access to these services as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree from an accredited nursing program
- Current Train the Trainer Certificate or eligible to be certified
- At least one (1) year (1600) RN hours in Long Term care.
- Must meet the physical requirements for an RN in a clinical setting.
- CPR for Health Care Provider certification.
- Proficient in MS Office-Windows 7 or above, computer technology and office equipment.
- Unencumbered Ohio nursing license.
- Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation to travel between clinical and campus locations.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as may be needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working with adult learners at the post-secondary level preferred.
- Experience managing a nurse aid training program.
- Client development or sales experience.
- Understanding of long term care regulations and educational/training needs of long term care employers.
- Demonstrated willingness, sensitivity and ability to work with students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, staff, community and student population.
- Strong attention to detail. Monitors, checks work; ability to plan and organize time and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Adaptability must be willing to adapt to change quickly and easily.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self-motivated team player with an emphasis on customer service for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated commitment to student and faculty success.
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
All candidates are asked to upload an unofficial copy of his/her transcript to the candidate profile.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division, with dotted line accountability to
Director of Workforce Development Center
Position Level: Nurse Aide Training & Outreach Manager
Job Category: Professional
Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, and immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!