- Adjunct - Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Respiratory Care
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is recruiting for a Respiratory Care Program adjunct clinical instructor.
- Provide respiratory clinical instruction for students at our various affiliate hospital sites.
- Provide each student with clear expectations and frequent informal feedback regarding their cognitive, psychomotor, and affective performance and progress in the clinical setting.
- Provide interesting and relevant clinical learning experiences for students to effectively challenge and engage them in the learning process.
- Foster a professional, equitable, and mutually respectful learning environment that both models and teaches professionalism in the workplace and clinical setting.
- Monitor student progress and facilitate successful completion of the course competencies, objectives, and check offs.
- Complete student evaluations and provide formal feedback when necessary and required.
- Consult with the course instructor, Director of Clinical Education, Program Director, or other appropriate college personnel regarding questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, college policies and procedures, or student problems.
- Respond to correspondence from students and program faculty in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Member of the American Association for Respiratory Care [AARC]
- Current active Registered Respiratory Therapist [RRT] credential
- Current active Ohio practitioner's license (or eligible)
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- Willingness to travel to any area hospitals for clinical rotations as assigned
- Must apply and be hired by the program's consortium partner
- Master's degree in the teaching subject area
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Kentucky Respiratory practitioner's license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Utilize constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and effectively handle conflict and criticism.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed. Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Details: Positions varies by semester
Reports To: Assistant Dean, Health and Public Services
Position Level: Adjunct Respiratory Care
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!