The Registrar Specialist works in the Transfer Credit area of the Registrar's Office to assist in the processing of incoming transfer credit for Cincinnati State students. The Registrar Specialist assists the Assistant Registrar for Transfer Credit in the research of transfer credit, transcript evaluation processing, and written and verbal communication to students regarding transfer credit information.
- Process transfer credit postings in the Colleague student information system.
- Ensures authenticity of documents.
- Enters pre-coded or open format data from source documents into the student information system, verifying for accuracy.
- Utilize various resources to assist in determining course equivalencies including system maintained tables, Transfer Evaluation System (TES) software, college catalogs. Utilize ImageNow, statewide Ohio Board of Regents Articulation Transfer Clearinghouse (ATC) system.
- Assists with necessary research to establish proper status of transfer credit.
- Assist in direct customer service and communication to students, faculty, staff, and college community for all transfer credit area operations and processes.
- Assist in direct customer service for Registrar operations and processes.
- Verbal and written communication with students to assist in their understanding transfer credit policies, practices, and decisions.
- Performs various clerical functions in order to maintain electronic files, process paperwork, prepare reports and fulfill information requests.
- Indexes and verifies imaged documents.
- Cross train in other Registrar area operations as approved by leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years general clerical experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- General computer experience and data entry
- Knowledge of and skill in office procedures
- Knowledge of Cincinnati State program curriculums
- Knowledge of the student experience from admission through registration
- Datatel/Ellucian Colleague and ImageNow experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt and comprise excellent decision making skills.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships, work effectively under pressure, meet project deadlines, be self-motivated, work independently, and be committed as a team player with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Recognize opportunities to improve the transfer credit process.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Reports To: Assistant Registrar
Position Level: Registrar Specialist Transfer Credit
Comp. Range: $19.51
Pay Grade: 18
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
Candidates selected for fulltime positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!