Teaching Assistant - Emergency Medical Services (Part-time)
The Teaching Assistant works with other EMS faculty and staff as a team member to achieve a shared vision and goals for the Cincinnati State EMS Program. The Teaching Assistant provides guidance and best practices from the profession to help improve the abilities of EMS students. This position will assist the primary instructor with students in the lab based courses of the EMS curriculum an average of 5 hours per week, 1-2 days per week on the Clifton and/or Workforce Development Center/ Evendale campuses.
- Assist with setting up, conducting, and reviewing skill assessments for the Cincinnati State Emergency Medical Service Program labs conducted each semester.
- Serve as an assistant to the instructor to assist the students with conducting and completing skill assessments to meet program competencies for the lab based courses for the Cincinnati State Emergency Medical Service Program.
- Meet with teacher(s), other program and school personnel as required.
- Facilitate ordering supplies and maintenance of EMS laboratory.
- Staff the lab during open lab sessions.
- Ohio or Kentucky Paramedic or Registered Nurse.
- At least 2 years industry or business experience as a Paramedic or Nurse
- Ohio EMS Instructor Certification or Kentucky TEI Level III Instructor
- Basic Life Support Instructor
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Team player that is self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, assuring timeliness, dependability and accuracy.
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software are required.
Position reports to: Direct Report: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division and/or Director Workforce Development Center; Indirect Report: Dean, Health and Public Safety
Contractual Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Compensation: $22.00 per hour
Job Category: Professional
Status: Part-time, not to exceed 29 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!