- Adjunct - Center for Innovative Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- 550.00 per unit
- Part Time
Adjunct - Computer Engineering Technology, Cyber Security
Classroom instruction for courses in the following areas:
Operating Systems Administration using Windows Operating Systems
Server Administration using Windows Server Operating Systems
IT Support Desk including support desk and project management software
Networking Essentials using networking equipment connecting various devices, cable making and testing, and network test equipment
Electronic Messaging using and configuring Exchange Server and various mobile devices
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Create syllabi, course materials, and assignments to support course-learning outcomes as defined by the Academic Dean.
- Ensure that students achieve course and learning outcomes as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain electronic records (using Blackboard) of student performance, progress and attendance.
- Complete, as directed, all start and end of term responsibilities, including submission no-show rosters, final grades and other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Networking, IT Support, Business or related field or Associate's Degree and equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP ) Night or weekend hours may be required
- Master's Degree in Networking, Business, or related field. Previous teaching experience in an academic environment.
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert).
- Five (5) years' industry or business applied experience in the teaching subject area.
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences. Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities in the classroom and laboratories.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Excellent customer service skills in problem solving, analytical, decision-making, project management skills, and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, be self-motivated, work independently, and be committed as a team player, pay attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere in program and curriculum development.
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Engineering and Information Technologies
Position available: Varies by semester
Compensation: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part time
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!