- Adjunct - Center for Innovative Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- $550 per contact hour
- Part Time
Adjunct Graphic Design
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is recruiting an Adjunct faculty member to teach Graphic Design courses. This position consists of classroom instruction courses in Graphic Design in the following areas
- Design Principles
- Drawing and Storyboarding
- Digital media design concepts, vector and raster based illustration and composition
- Model, texture, light, render, and animate in 3-D
- 2-D and 3-D software applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Maya
- 2-D design for product packaging (optional 3-D packaging development experience)
You should be fully committed to the Mission and Values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons plans.
- Provides instruction for the Graphic Design Courses.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment.
- Complete as directed all semester(s) responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design, or a closely related degree.
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in the teaching subject area.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment.
- 5 years' industry or business applied experience in the teaching subject area.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students in classroom and laboratories.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere in program and curriculum development.
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
In addition to submitting a resume, applicants are required to provide a link to their professional portfolio or a link to their demonstration reel.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Center for Innovative Technology
Position Level: Adjunct Graphic Design
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!