- Adjunct - Center for Innovative Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Machine Processes Mechanical Engineering Technology
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is recruiting an Adjunct faculty member to teach Machine processes and Mechanical Engineering Technology. This position consists of classroom or online instruction courses in Mechanical Engineering Technology/Machining. You should be fully committed to the Mission and Values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons plans.
- Provides instruction for the Machine Processing Courses.
- Focus on the safe and proper operation of machine tools.
- Instruct students in the proper procedures to layout parts and the correct use of hand tools
- Instruct students in the proper procedures to set up and operate a manual lathe, including tools, tool holding devices and work holding.
- Instruct students in the proper procedures to set up and operate a manual milling machine, including tools, tool holding and work holding.
- Instruct students in the proper procedures to set up and operate CNC machines.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment.
- Complete as directed all semester(s) responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Associate's Degree in the Mechanical Engineering Technology area, or Welding Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- At least 3 years industry or business experience in machining/machine processes.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment.
- 5 years' industry or business applied experience in the teaching subject area.
- Experience with on-line teaching and/or instruction in higher education.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students in classroom and laboratories
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere in program and curriculum development
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to develop, continually evaluates, maintain, and refine curriculum to meet AWS standards
- Willingness to participate in professional development to attain and upgrade skills
- Computer skills, ability to multitask, and organizational skills
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed.
Details: Positions varies by semester
Reports To: Associate Dean, Center for Innovative Technology
Position Level: Adjunct Machine Processes Adjunct Mechanical Engineering Technology
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!