- Adjunct - Center for Innovative Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- $550.00 per contact hour
- Part Time
Adjunct – IT Systems
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for Adjunct IT Systems. This is a part-time, adjunct instructor position to teach a course on documentation of IT systems focusing on general regulatory compliance requirements. Students use Microsoft Visio for laboratory activities in the Center for Innovative Technology.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Requires teaching the application of utilizing Visio to create a network diagram, creating diagrams from router and firewall configurations.
- Utilize the use of inventory asset management tools, such as Spiceworks, to extract information about the network.
- Responsible for writing step-by-step directions detailing how to perform IT technical tasks.
- Instruct students on how to scan a network to identify locations of PHI or PII.
- Documentation of Incident response and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Creating and maintaining Vendor management documentation.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus to ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Prepare course materials and lessons to facilitate meaningful learning of course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Challenge, engage and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments on a timely basis.
- Maintain a paper or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and has it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College personnel.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete as directed all end of term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in an information related degree.
- Background in developing and maintaining IT documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with Cisco routers, firewalls and switches.
- Previous experience teaching in higher education.
- Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- Ability to organize and manage student instruction.
- Experience teaching or working closely and effectively with a diverse student population.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Ability and willingness to successfully interact with students, faculty and administrators.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Team player that is self-motivated with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software are required.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed. Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Center for Innovative Technology
Position Level: Adjunct
Compensation: $550.00 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until position is closed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!