- Adjunct - Humanities & Sciences
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Adjunct Human & Social Services
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites candidates who are fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College to apply for the position of Human & Social Services Adjunct Instructor. Qualified candidates will be responsible for on-campus, classroom instruction for courses in Human & Social Services.
- Instruct students in Human & Social Services courses offered on-campus.
- Create syllabi, course materials, and assignments to support course learning outcomes as defined by the Human & Social Services program and the State of Ohio
- Ensure that students achieve course learning outcomes as defined in the syllabus
- Maintain electronic records (using Blackboard) of student performance, progress, and attendance
- Complete, as directed, all start and end-of-semester responsibilities, including submission of no-show rosters and final grades
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or an addiction or mental health related discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Licensed through the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board or the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- Three years of teaching or industry experience
- Experience using online learning management systems (Blackboard)
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to employ a range of classroom/instructional technologies
- Flexible availability, including evening and weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create an engaging learning environment that respects a wide variety of viewpoints
- Effective time management skills
- Proficiency with online communication and record-keeping
- Ability to work independently without ongoing direct supervision
- Sensitivity to the needs and concerns of diverse student populations, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities
- Ability to take and deliver constructive criticism
- Ability to meet deadlines
Reports To: Associate Dean
Position Level: Adjunct Instructor
Compensation: $550.00 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, the college will only follow up with candidates who are being considered for an interview. HR will keep your resume on file until position is closed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!