Executive Assistant I - Testing Center
The Executive Assistant I is responsible for being the initial point of contact for the office, providing quality customer service. They are required to answer questions about admissions and testing and other related inquiries. Performs specialized clerical duties related to the processing of applications for admission and testing requests. Serves as a proctor and assists with administration of approved tests.
- Assist and provide general counseling to student regarding information pertaining to admission to the college and testing options and process.
- Proctor and record tests/assessments provided in the Testing Center and correspond with students as needed.
- Process a variety of admission applications and electronic documents, and correspond with students regarding admission to the College.
- Collect and analyze international documents for admission.
- Assist with transmitting electronic communications to students.
- Makes recommendations and works with Director of Admissions and Career Center, Manager of International Student Affairs and Registrar regarding international documents and processes.
- Process forms and reports as they relate to admission and testing needs.
- Assist with the management of testing software.
- Support College Credit Plus (CCP) testing efforts for off campus testing.
- Assist with transmitting electronic communications to students and responding to incoming emails sent to the Testing Center.
- Assist the Office of Admissions with events and outreach activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college in a relevant discipline.
- Experience and strong competencies in Microsoft Office suite of business software, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work assigned schedule which may include schedule variations during peak enrollment periods.
- One year of professional experience, ideally within a college.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues pertaining to higher education, international students, admissions, or testing.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to handle complex situations with diplomacy.
- Excellent computer proficiency and experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, staff, community, and student population.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to students from diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Strong commitment for providing outstanding customer services.
- Initiative to work independently; a self-motivated team player with emphasis on excellent customer service for internal and external customers.
- Maintain a philosophy of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Reports To: Manager, Testing Center or Director, Admissions and Career Center
Position Level: Executive Assistant I
Pay Grade: Grade 17
Minimum Compensation: $17.71per hour
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!