Purchasing Office Assistant Federal Work Study
Cincinnati State Technical & Community College is seeking an Accounting Co-op for the Finance and Accounting Department. This position will support each of the function of the College's Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Federal Work Study will be provided a wide range of experience supporting purchasing functions as well as account payables.
The Purchasing Federal Work Study will be assigned a wide variety of tasks related to Purchasing and Account Payables. In addition to performing traditional accounting tasks such as purchase orders, billing and accounts payable, the Accounting Co-op may be asked to assist the Distribution of college mail and packages.
Duties and Relevant Experiences:
- Support Purchasing and Accounts Payable with the purchase orders process and documentation necessary to facilitate the acquisition of goods and services.
- Support Distribution with the sorting and delivery of college mail and packages.
- Other duties, special projects, as assigned.
- Utilize the College's ERP, financial and accounting system.
Minimum Qualifications and Desired Competencies
- Accounting/Business or related major or concentration of academic study at Cincinnati State.
- Ability to deliver mail and packages as needed to various locations around campus.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills and ability to work within a diverse population.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and experience with other MS Office products required.
- Must be punctual, dependable, able to multi-task, work independently as well as in a team, meet deadlines and learn quickly.
- Federal Work Study eligibility preferred.
- Must have completed FAFSA for the current school year.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Must meet and continue to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
Reports To: Director Procurement
Hourly Pay: $10.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!