- Enrollment & Student Development
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
TRIO STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (SSS) PROGRAM MANAGER (100% Grant-Funded)
This position will manage the TRIO Student Support Services programming as funded by the Department of Education (DOE) as a TRIO program. The purpose of the SSS program is to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education and potential transfer to a four-year institution. SSS serves students who are first generation college students, meet federal income guidelines as outlined by the U. S. Department of Education or have a documented disability by a certified professional. This program is committed to serve 180 participants each year, as a funded-to-serve program. Funding has been approved through August 31, 2025, subject to meeting annual grant outcomes and approval by DOE.
Essential Duties & Program Strategies:
- Coordinate all project programming aligned with the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Plan of Operation per the 2021-2025 (i.e., recruitment and selection of participants, outreach activities, promotional material, program management, assessment, and evaluation.
- Ensure that the SSS program meets established objectives and deliveries the required services within federal guidelines.
- Generate program awareness among all internal stakeholders to manage the marketing, recruitment and intake of new grant participants. Funded-to-serve 180 participants both new and continuing participants during each program year.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of program workshops and special events and activities.
- Manage the delivery of innovative and intrusive program services which will be offered to the participants such as academic coaching, personal and group tutoring, counselling, financial aid assistance, study center with computers, academic resources, referral resources and offering of relevant topic workshops.
- Administer the TRIO grant aid resources to eligible grant participants.
- Plan and deliver programming that is supportive and promotes career pathways, retention, graduation, transfer initiatives and new opportunities to include cultural enrichment, field trips and other personal development resources.
- Collaborate with other College departments for marketing, outreach, and support; along with referrals and strategic communication which will benefit the grant participants. Key stakeholders may include the Career Center, Transfer Center, Advisors, Program Chairs, Co-op Coordinators, Faculty and others strategic partners.
- Ensure all financial program expenditures are aligned with the approved budget and in compliance with all federal grant regulations and legislation;
- Coordinate ongoing data collection, analysis, and reporting, including the development and submission of an annual performance report. Data sources may include Blumen (program data management), Colleague (Student data system) and Starfish (student, and staff communication tool), Blackboard (learning management system), customized reports, and DOE annual reporting site;
- Develop, oversee, and evaluate programming and services which support the successful achievement of the grant's objective and outcomes and modify as needed;
- Attend Department of Education (DOE) and Council for Opportunity in Education (COE) professional development offerings- local, state, regional and national training/conferences; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of College Access Programs
- Master's degree in education, counseling, social work, public administration, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Experience in College recruitment and/or student services and success
- Experience in managing postsecondary program services
- Demonstrated experience of working with the target populations as described above.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with key internal college partners
- Proven success in teamwork with internal stakeholders
- Proficient with using data base and computer technology, such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Teams, Blackboard Collaborate, and other virtual platforms
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in the areas of program development, implementation, evaluation; and reporting compliance with federal regulations
- Valid drivers' license to transport participants to events and could include working evenings and weekends.
- Experience in working with adult students
- Successful project management experience
- Experience mentoring or tutoring experience with post-secondary students
- Experience in higher education or related organizations or projects
- Understanding of the Federal regulations and legislation related to the TRIO programs and Student Support Services
- Demonstrated willingness, sensitivity and ability to work with students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population to include staff, student population and the College community.
- Effective customer service skills in problem solving, analytical, decision-making, project management skill.
- Self-motivated and strong attention to detail. Monitors, checks work, ability to plan and organize time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change and be innovative in the approach of designing and delivering services
- Professional and effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and to continuous quality improvement
- Ability to work under stressful conditions with metrics/program objectives
This position is grant-funded and future funding for the position is contingent upon meeting grant goals and outcomes
Reports to: Director of College Access Programs
Position Level: Manager
Pay Grade: $53,000
Contract Affiliation: Non-bargaining
Sign Up For Job Alerts!