- Executive Vice President
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Director, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness reports to the Vice President of Administration and manages a small team of research professionals. The Director and IR Team plan, prepare, and produce a variety of regular and ad-hoc queries, reports, and publications to meet external reporting requirements, such as IPEDS, accrediting agency reports, state reporting, and internal informational needs. The Director performs statistical analysis to support institutional planning, analysis, process improvement and decision making.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess working knowledge of current trends and issues relating to federal and state reporting; accreditation requirements; current and innovative practices in the development and assessment of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes; current theory and practice in institutional research; the development of assessment tools and methods of measurement; research design; data warehousing, and management information systems.
- Prioritize research agenda in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Support enrollment management activities including projecting and analyzing enrollment patterns.
- Produce accurate and timely publications of interest and importance to the college (e.g. funding analysis, policy studies, etc.)
- Support the institution's strategic planning process.
- Support institutional and programmatic accreditation activities.
- Provide information, counsel and technical assistance to internal constituency groups to assist with planning and improvement efforts.
- Represent the College externally among educational, business and community partners on matters related to institutional data collection, analysis and sharing.
- Provide support for grant application activities and outcomes reporting.
- Coordinate requests for information from the college community.
- Support the annual analyses of Academic Programs.
- Facilitate collection, analyze and prepare results of national student surveys.
- Design, implement, analyze and prepare results of ad-hoc surveys.
- Extract data from student information system to meet internal and external needs.
- Publish term-by-term statistics for academic divisions and finance department.
- Conduct qualitative studies (e.g. focus groups, environmental scanning, etc.)
- Prepare course completion, retention, and other monitoring reports.
- Maintain institutional dashboards.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of state, federal, and other external reports.
- Manage, evaluate and support the development of department personnel.
- Manage department budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in an appropriate discipline (social science, statistics, business, or other area involving research and analytical skills) is required.
- Five years' professional experience in data analysis, research analytics, or equivalent data-driven environment.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and familiarity with Higher Education Enterprise Systems and data analysis software such as Excel, Access, Tableau.
- Experience in statistical analysis, query generation.
- Experience using applied research methods including surveys, mixed methods, and qualitative approaches to collect and analyze data.
- A doctorate in a related field is preferred.
- Experience working with Ellucian Colleague query language or similar language.
- Progressive responsibility and experience within a community college environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present data and reports to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from all constituencies.
- Self-motivated with organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects.
Reports To: Vice President, Administration
Position Level: Director, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Job Category: Professional
Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining Classification: Exempt
The College provides an extremely generous benefits package (health, dental, vision). The position is eligible for the state employee retirement system or may elect to take extremely competitive contributions to an alternative plan similar to a 401(k). The position is eligible for generous vacation, sick and paid time off for holidays, and College closures. The College's benefits, retirement and paid time off are material to the salary package, and generally, significantly exceed the value of comparable benefits available for similar positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!