- Student Worker - Information Technology
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Federal Work Study Student Worker: Open Lab Assistant
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is seeking a Federal Work Study Student for the position of Open Lab Assistant. The Open Lab Assistant will help students with general questions regarding Windows, Windows applications and the operation of the computer. The position is a temporary, semester by semester assignment, and is contingent upon maintaining current enrollment.
- Straighten chairs
- Help students when asked for assistance
- Write down the computer usage count.
- Monitor printers for errors and restock with paper.
- Count students for the Open Lab count at 5 minutes to the hour.
- Maintain guidelines for Open Lab usage.
- Be observant as you walk around counting students for their open lab count at 5 minutes to the hour
- Straighten chairs; dispose of discarded papers; turn into Student Services any valuables left behind by users
- Politely advise lab users not to eat, drink or use cell phones in the lab; also advise users to keep lab conversations at low volume
"The hiring of student workers by Cincinnati State is premised on eligibility guidelines for federal work study employment: eligible applicants must be high school graduates or have attained a GED. Additionally, eligible applicants for work study positions at Cincinnati State must be at least 16 years of age on or before the date of hire."
- Must have computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office applications and the operation of a computer.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be enrolled in courses
- Must have completed a FAFSA for the current school year.
- Must meet and continue to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Previous customer service experience
Hourly Pay: $10.00 per hour
Federal Work Study part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) Monday-Friday 3pm - 7pm
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!