- Adjunct - Humanities & Sciences
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for the position of adjunct mathematics instructor. Qualified candidates will teach mathematics or statistics courses at the first-year or second-year college level.
- Deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Adequately prepare all course materials and lessons. Note that preparation time will vary based on instructor experience in teaching that course.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide interesting and relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve, and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual respect.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment.
- Post student grades on Blackboard in a timely manner and maintain and retain student attendance and other records.
- Promote student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and engaging students in the learning process.
- Design, administer, and grade examinations to assess achievement of course objectives as identified in the syllabus and as approved by the Academic Dean.
- Complete as directed all end-of-term responsibilities, including submission of final grades, copies of exams, attendance records, and all other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Consult with the academic area chair or other appropriate College personnel on questions or issues involving course curricula, instructional strategies, and College policies and procedures.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academic area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records Office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Master's degree in mathematics (or statistics) or a master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in mathematics (or statistics) from a regionally accredited school. A master's degree in a mathematically-intensive area of study (e.g., physics, electrical or mechanical engineering) will be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
- If an applicant is chosen for an interview, an unofficial copy of the applicant's college transcripts confirming the above credentials will be required at the time of interview.
- Experience teaching or working in higher education.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and serves as a role model for students in this area.
- Is fully committed to the mission and values of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.
- Demonstrates success and commitment as a team player.
- Utilizes constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and handles conflict and criticism effectively.
- Ability to create a positive learning environment that is respectful and promotes the interests of students first, while setting appropriate expectations for student growth and success.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to send and receive email and navigate the internet.
- Familiarity with online learning management systems such as Blackboard.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters.
Candidate notification: Please note that due to the high volume of candidates applying for adjunct positions, we will only follow up with candidates who we are considering for an interview. Please be assured that we will keep your resume on file until the position is closed.
Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript. If, chosen for the position your Official Transcripts will be required.
Details: Positions varies by semester
Reports To: Associate Dean, Humanities and Sciences
Position Level: Adjunct Mathematics
Comp. Range: $550 per contact hour for new adjuncts
Contract Affiliation: N/A
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!