Midwest Culinary Institute-Bakery Hill Clerk and Assistant Baker (Part-Time)
These positions will assist in the preparation, and sale of baked goods, food, and beverage in the Bakery Hill location. The academic and MCI family(Operations, Bakery Hill, Overlook Caf and Specialty Events) work together to achieve standards of excellence, resulting in success in the classrooms and food operations. Essential to the position are a positive and upbeat attitude, strong communication skills and the ability to work both as a team member and unaccompanied.
Current Openings: Morning hours available with hours no later than 2:00 pm, M-F. Perfect for students taking classes. Walk right to class from work! Two semester commitment is requested.
- Effective communication with management to insure daily responsibilities are met.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers. Smile and treat customers with respect.
- Insure that beverages and food items are high quality and represent MCI standards of excellence.
- Come to work promptly every day when scheduled
- Able to follow instructions and work independently.
- Must be able to uphold Academic and MCI Hospitality service standards.
- Keep all equipment used in the front of the house and the back of house clean as well as all storage areas using the opening and closing procedures as guidance.
- Follow health and safety practices at all times.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, preferred 50 pounds of weight.
- Must have ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs for lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and pushing.
- Ability to handle cold temperatures with proper attire for short periods of time in coolers/ freezers.
- A current student at Cincinnati State enrolled in any of the certificate or degree programs.
- Availability to work two consecutive semesters at least 14 hours per week.
Details: (Part-time worker)
- Reports To: Bakery Manager/ Chef's
- Position Level: Part-time Position
- Compensation: $10.00/hour
- Job Category: Food Service/ Hospitality
- Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
- Status: Part-time, not to exceed 29/hours per week/ International Students 19/hours per week
- Classification: Non-Exempt
Sign Up For Job Alerts!