- Health & Public Safety
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
Retirement and free parking
Adjunct Clinical Adjunct Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS)
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invite applications for an Adjunct Clinical Adjunct Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (DMS). This position is the direct liaison between the DMS program and the clinical instructors. This position requires flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching students and engaging them in the learning process. The position requires working with others as a team member to achieve shared vision and goals for the Cincinnati State Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program and student success.
- The clinical educator(s) is responsible for clinical coordination, instruction, and evaluation with didactic education as assigned by the program director.
- Evaluates and ensures the effectiveness of the clinical affiliate/clinical education centers.
- Assists with scheduling sites for clinical experience and assures clinical site preceptors possess and maintain adequate experience and credentials.
- Performs clinical site visits, maintains clinical visit log, clinical contracts and annual agreements including establishing new sites.
- Conducts clinical review courses and assigns clinical grade based on clinical evaluations, competencies and affective behavior reports.
- Assures that the clinical curriculum and proficiencies are updated according to regulation, and are consistent in policy and compliant with CAAHEP Standards and Guidelines for the Accreditation of Educational Programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Assists with preparing, auditing and maintaining student clinical and medical records for compliance.
- Prepares student name tags for clinical and administers HIPPA and Universal Precaution training and requirements.
- Awards SDMS CME credits for the clinical instructors.
- Assists with clinical and medical forms and updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Attend relevant Division meetings and assist with other duties as needed.
- Subs for instructors for call offs if a replacement cannot be found.
- Proficiency in teaching methodology, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and guidance of students.
- ARDMS registered in AB/OB.
- Equivalent of two years full time professional experience as a general sonographer, cardiac sonographer, pediatric cardiac sonographer and/or vascular technologist.
- An academic degree no lower than an Associate's degree and at least equal to that for which the graduates are being prepared.
- Ability to work evening hours as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- ARDMS registered in AB/OB and Echo/Vasc.
- Documented experience with active teaching and learning strategies in a community college, professional training or other higher education environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population. Acts as positive role model for students.
- Ability and willingness to successfully interact with academic, business and regulatory personnel.
- Team player that is self-motivated with strong organizational, presentation and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others and adapt to change quickly and easily, assuring timeliness, dependability and accuracy.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Reports To: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division
Position Level: Adjunct
Compensation: $550 per contact hour
Job Category: Non-Bargaining
Contractual Affiliation: N/A
Exempt Classification: Non-Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!