Teaching Assistant - Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program (Part-time)
The Teaching Assistant works with other DMS faculty and staff as a team member to achieve a shared vision and goals for the Cincinnati State DMS Program. The Teaching Assistant provides guidance and best practices from the profession to help improve the scan abilities of DMS students. This position will assist the primary instructor with students in the lab based courses of the DMS curriculum an average of 5 hours per week, 1-2 days per week on the Clifton campus.
- Assist with DMS Program labs and lab competency check-offs as needed by program instructors each semester.
- Assure record compliance for clinical lab competencies as required for CAHEEP Accreditation.
- Facilitate ordering supplies and maintenance of DMS laboratory.
- Schedule and staff the lab during open lab sessions.
- Be available for DMS staff meetings as needed.
- Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Certified Diagnostic Medical Sonographer/Vascular Technologist with appropriate credentials for specific course(s).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a DMS practitioner.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, assuring timeliness, dependability and accuracy.
Reports To: Dean/Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division
Contractual Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
Job Category: Professional
Status: Part-time, not to exceed 29 hours per week
Equal Opportunity Employer ~ Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!