- Business Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Part Time
The Midwest Culinary Institute (MCI) at Cincinnati State invites applications for the position of Midwest Culinary Institute-Associate Receiving and Operations. The position is a part-time, student worker position providing assistance for the Hospitality programs within the Business Division. Well qualified applicants will possess a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and the ability to work both as a team member and on their own. Working with the head of operations, the student worker will assist in the logistical procurement and distribution of product within Central Operations and the ATLC dock. The part-time associate will working with the MCI faculty and staff to support the academic food and beverage lab courses and other areas of the college as needed.
- Inspect, storage and rotate perishable and non-perishable culinary and college deliveries.
- Prepare and fulfill requisitions with proper ingredient for classes and other organizations throughout the college.
- Conduct weekly and monthly inventory product through tracking and counting.
- Maintain all health and safety practices as established through ServSafe.
- Maintain all equipment ensuring all items are cleaned after use in the front and back of the house, kitchens, and dish rooms.
- Open and close according to procedures as outlined by the head of operations.
- Follow Academic and MCI service standards.
- Work independently in all locations throughout the college.
- Communicate with faculty and staff in order to meet the request for classroom supplies.
- Distribute fulfilled requisitions to classrooms and other areas of the college as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds or more of weight.
- Must have ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs for lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and pushing.
- Ability to handle cold temperatures with proper attire for short periods of time in coolers/ freezers.
- Currently enrolled at Cincinnati State with a preference for majors in Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts, or Hospitality Management program.
- Availability to work two consecutive semesters at least 14 hours per week.
Details: (Part-time worker)
- Reports To: Operations Manager/ Chefs
- Position Level: Part-time Position
- Compensation: $10.00/hour
- Job Category: Food Service/ Hospitality
- Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
- Status: Part-time, not to exceed 29 hours per week/ International Students 19 hours per week
- Classification: Non-Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!