- Engineering and Information Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Senior Laboratory Technician Engineering and Information Technology
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College invites applications for the position of Senior Laboratory Technician. The position is a full-time position in which the primary responsibilities are to install, setup, and maintain all computer, mechanical, electrical, and chemical related equipment and laboratories within the Engineering and Information Technologies division. The position is primarily specific to the Clifton campus, but occasional work may be required at the Harrison and Middletown campuses as well.
Specific daily tasks may include equipment and supply ordering, laboratory set-up, inventory of equipment and supplies, moving or repositioning equipment, preventive maintenance, repair, and calibration of instrumentation, troubleshooting, maintaining maintenance records, setup of recruiting events, and sample preparation.
As part of our team of highly qualified technicians, the Senior Laboratory Technician will oversee the Division's Lab Center and will continually work to improve student learning experiences and be committed to the mission and values of the College.
About Cincinnati State:
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College was chartered in 1969, and today offers more than 75 associate degree and 40 certificate programs in business technologies, health and public safety, engineering technologies, humanities and sciences and information technologies. Our mission is to provide the more than 10,000 students enrolled in our programs each term with student-focused, accessible, quality technical and general education, academic transfer, experiential and co-operative education and workforce development.
Although the main campus is located in Clifton close to downtown Cincinnati, the College also operates branch campuses and satellite locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati and Tri-State areas, including our newest Middletown location. Opportunities for learning expand beyond our campuses through one of the largest cooperative education programs in the United States which provides our students with real-world experience working with our diverse local, national and global business partners located all across the country.
- Responsible for setup of equipment, instrumentation, software, and materials for laboratory exercises to meet instructional objectives
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance, preventive maintenance, calibration and testing of equipment
- Troubleshooting, software imaging, security, and maintenance on computers, devices, and instrumentation related to instruction
- Research and provide cost estimates and availability of equipment and supplies by various vendors
- Oversee day-to-day functions of the Clifton Campus Lab Center which include:
- Purchasing and maintaining consumables, supplies, and tools
- Equipment and materials check out
- System repairs
- Maintenance records
- Assist in the design and building of specialized laboratory equipment
- Supervise Co-Op students
- Participate in program activities and meetings including interacting with program chair(s) and teaching faculty
- Establish annual goals relevant to and consistent with the goals of the program, division and college.
- Participate in program and divisional activities for student recruitment.
- Participation in college and division projects and committee work
- Submit administrative reports, and other paperwork in a thorough and timely manner.
- Attend program, departmental, divisional, and college meetings
- Attend and contribute to assigned college committees
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates of Applied Science in and Engineering or Information technologies related field with an emphasis in electronics and/or electrical instrumentation.
- Experience: 2-5 years of experience in diagnostic and repair of electronic and computer systems
- Job Skills:
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electronic and mechanical systems
- Ability to work with students in college laboratory environments
- Physical Requirements:
- Position will require manual dexterity to use hand and machine tools, solder and repair electronics, and assemble or build various systems
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to move up and down stairs
- Ability to work on a ladder as necessary
- Ability to handle moving equipment (ex. Pallet Jack)
- Experience in secondary or post-secondary laboratory setup and support
- Experience in working or teaching in a college or university setting
- Possess the ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Commitment to student excellence and continued improvement of instruction.
- Ability to function independently and work under time constraints
- Ability to use a computer and software used in academic settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
Department: Engineering and Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title/Position: Senior Lab Technician
Reports To: Dean, Engineering and Information Technologies Department
Compensation: $23.33/hr (Grade 20)
Job Category: Staff
Contract Affiliation: SEIU
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, immediate accrual of vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!