- Engineering and Information Technologies
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Full Time
Instructor - Aviation Maintenance Technology (Tenure Track)
Cincinnati State is looking for an Instructor to provide instruction in Aviation Maintenance Technology to students according to the policies of Cincinnati State and in compliance with FAA, the State of Ohio, and regulatory body requirements. This position is located at our Harrison, Ohio Campus. The Instructor, Aviation Maintenance Technology will ensure students learn aviation maintenance practices and that they will gain knowledge in the areas of power plant and airframe structures and systems. This position will be responsible for classroom instruction in such courses as;
- Aviation Standard Practices
- Aircraft Electricity and Electrical Systems
- Weight and Balance
- Metal and Non-Metal Structures
- Welding Processes
- Landing Gear Systems
- Assembly and Rigging
- Airframe Inspection
- Power Plant Maintenance
- Fuel and Lubrication Systems
- Starting and Ignition Systems
- Develop and deliver learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Create syllabi, course materials, and assignments to support course learning outcomes as defined by the Academic Dean.
- Ensure that students achieve course and learning outcomes as defined by the program chair.
- Maintain a paper and/or electronic record (i.e., spreadsheet or grade book) of each student's progress and have it available upon request by students and/or appropriate College or FAA personnel.
- Complete, as directed, all start and end of semester responsibilities, including submission no-show rosters, final grades and other designated materials to the Academic Office.
- Maintain office hours to answer student questions and handle course related matters.
- Respond to requests (e.g., from students, academia area chairs, department heads, committee chairs, Records office) in a timely and thorough manner.
- Some night or weekend hours may be required.
- Associate's degree in Aircraft Maintenance.
- FAA Certification in Airframe and Power Plant required.
- At least 3 years industry aircraft maintenance experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- Inspection authorization.
- Previous teaching experience in an academic environment.
- Experience working with students from diverse academic backgrounds and life experiences.
- Ability to build or enhance proficiency in the use of diverse methods of classroom technology, and innovative instructional/academic support systems and programs.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities in the classroom and laboratories.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral with the ability to communicate/interact effectively with a diverse professional, community, and student population.
- Excellent customer service skills in problem solving, analytical, decision-making, project management skills, and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, be self-motivated, work independently, and be committed as a team player, pay attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere in program and curriculum development.
- Computer based software, analytical, and report writing skills.
All candidates are asked to upload an unofficial copy of his/her transcript to the candidate profile.
Reports To: Dean, Engineering and Information Technologies
Position Level: Instructor
Comp. Range: $58,199 (Bachelor) $63,703 (Master) $69,206 (Ph.D.)
Job Category: Faculty
Contract Affiliation: AAUP 1
Status: Full time
Candidates selected for full-time positions are eligible for our benefit package that includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits with minimal out of pocket payments and contribution rates, immediate accrual of sick and personal leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. Cincinnati State does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!