Instructor - Health Information Management (Tenure Track)
Cincinnati State seeks a full-time instructor in the Health Information Management Program. This individual will provide instruction, guidance and support to Health Information Management students by developing and teaching a variety of courses that are offered in the program curricula as well as through student advisement. This job supports the department objectives of educating and preparing students to be successful in the health information management field. This position requires significant time on campus. If requested by the Dean, Health and Public Safety, this person will serve as Program Chair.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may be assigned a combination of remote and on-site responsibilities.
- Teaches courses in the Health Information Management program
- Develops and updates course materials
- Advises incoming and current students
- Coordinates student placement for professional practice experience
- Works closely with the Program Chair on Program accreditation and other projects
- Participates in division and college-wide committees
- Remains current with constantly changing technology and federal/state regulations pertaining to HIM
- Remains current with CAHIIM HIM associate degree standards as well as AHIMA curricular competencies
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Health Information Management (HIM) or other discipline (ex: Business or Education)
- If Bachelor degree is in a discipline other than HIM, then an Associate Degree in Health Information Management is required
- RHIA credential
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the health information management field
- Experience in use of health information systems, such as the electronic health record
- Minimum 2 years of experience in diagnosis and procedure coding using CPT/ICD-10-CM/PCS systems
- Teaching/training experience in both classroom & remote learning environment preferred
- Bachelor's in Health Information Management
- Masters in Health Information Management or other discipline
- 3 years' experience teaching in a Health Information Management Program
All candidates asked to interview will be required to provide a 5-10-minute teaching demonstration.
Reports To: Dean, Health and Public Safety
Position Level: Instructor
Comp. Range: Compensation range for this position is $58,199 - $69,206, negotiable depending on credentials and experience.
Job Category: Faculty
Contract Affiliation: AAUP 1
Status: Full time
The College provides an extremely generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, and tuition waivers). The position is eligible for the state employee retirement system or may elect to take extremely competitive contributions to an alternative plan similar to a 401(k). The position is eligible for generous immediate accrual of vacation, sick, personal leave, and paid time off for holidays, and College closures. The College's benefits, retirement and paid time off are material to the salary package, and generally, significantly exceed the value of comparable benefits available for similar positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Committed to Creating a Diverse & Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!