Teaching Assistant - Fire Service Technology
This position will involve assisting with students in collaboration with the primary instructor for the lab based courses of the Fire Service Technology curriculum.
- Assist with setting up, conducting, and reviewing skill assessments for the Cincinnati State Fire Service Technology Program labs conducted each semester.
- Serve as an assistant to the instructor to assist the students with conducting and completing skill assessments to meet program competencies for the lab based courses for the Cincinnati State.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others, assuring timeliness, dependability and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to interact successfully with academic, business, and regulatory personnel.
- Current Certified Ohio Firefighter Level 2 Instructor
- Minimum of 2 years' industry or business experience as a Firefighter
Reports To: Associate Dean, Health and Public Safety Division
Hourly rate: $22.00 per hour
Contract Affiliation: Non-Bargaining
Status: Part time (no more than 29 hours per week)
Equal Opportunity Employer- Committed to Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual-orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!